Nowadays you do not have to leave power behind when you are going for camping. Camping generators have proved that you can still power items like television, microwave, toaster, laptop, air conditioner and even a coffee maker in your Motorhome.
View the best portable generators for camping here
Of course, the other most popular use of a camping generator is recharging your deep cycle battery packs that run all your favorite 12-volt appliances. This is the point where 4*4 and camper trailer fans love to have a small generator added to their camping equipment list, usually to complement their solar set up.
Nevertheless, not all the camping generators are designed equally: there are a few differences in the specs and features based on their purposes. In nearly all cases, though, they are manufactured with portability considerations; has a compact design and lightweight to enable easy movement from one place to another.
Five Great Personal Camping Generators
Best Portable Generator to Buy
The PowerPro 56101 2-Stroke Generator is actual proof that good things come in small packages. This two-stroke generator produces 900-Watts of running and 1000-Watts of starting power. It weighs under 36 pounds.
Portable and small in size, this type of generator is best for tailgating and camping as well as for your home’s backup power.
This rugged machine is both CARB and EPA compliant and is very safe to be used in any national park due to the spark arrestor. The power panel features a 120-Volt 3-prong receptacle, an engine On/Off switch, a 12-Volt DC receptacle, individual circuit rest buttons and a volt meter.
- Weighing under 36 pounds, equipped with a carrying handle and even stabilized with four rubber pads, this generator is designed for portability.
- The quietest exhaust system having a spark arrestor is 60db at 22 feet and is certified for use in any forest or national park.
- It uses gas/oil mix fuel, so there is no need for oil changes, the one gal tank can operate for five hours at half load.
- One-year limited warranty.
- EPA and CARB compliant.
- 900-Watts running power and 1000-Watts starting power.
Top Gas Powered Portable Generator
Lifan Energy Storm ES1500 Generator is also included on our Energy Storm Portable Generator List. This lightweight unit allows for easy transportation. The ES1500E is EPA certified. This quality generator is the best fit for the homeowners, emergencies, special events, job sites, weddings or parties.
- 1200-Watt running and 1500-Watt peak power.
- 97 cc four-stroke OHV industrial duty engine.
- One gal. Fuel tank runs this generator for six hours (at 50% load).
- One 120-Volt 20-Amp AC outlet.
- One 8.3 Amp 12-Volt DC receptacle.
- Automatic voltage controller with excitation windings.
- Quiet operation-Usually 63db sound rating at 23 feet.
- Recoil start.
- EPA Accredited.
Best Portable Gas Inverter Generator
This portable Honeywell 6066 Inverter Generator is the best fit for anyone who require power for the journey. Lightweight and portable with the built-in handle, a Honeywell can be easily moved to wherever power is required.
It uses some of the latest technology for power as clean as utility power and also includes a handy battery charger. The 4-stroke, 126cc OHV engines delivers excellent fuel economy and super-quiet performance, packing more production per sound than any other standard portable generators.
Planning for a camping trip or a tailgate party? Include your Honeywell inverter to power appliances like laptops, TVs, or other equipment which requires power.
- Inverter technology gives quiet, lightweight, fuel-efficient portable power.
- EcoMode automatically controls the engine speed to respond to the actual amount of power require. This results in reduced noise and fuel savings.
- 30% lighter than a standard generator of same Watts.
- Microprocessor regulates and provides the cleaner power required to run sensitive electronics such as a television or a computer.
- Electronic overload protection and low oil shutdown for secure operation.
- Charge DC batteries have charging cables.
Best Portable Generators for Camping
The Champion Power Equipment 73531i Portable Gas Inverter Generator is the best choice if you are planning for a vacation or if you are faced with any problem of the power outage. A portable generator will be very suitable for this kind of situation.
With an excellent combination of product features, including the weight, size, parallel capabilities, noise level, and CARB/EPA accredited, the Champion 73531i is an economical investment which will satisfy all your power needs in the future. It will provide constant supply of power during your vacation.
The Champion Power Equipment 73531i gasoline powered portable generator is powered by almost 80cc Champion single cylinder, four-stroke OHV engine which delivers 1500 starting watts and 1200 running watts.
- Lightweight-Just 48-pounds having inbuilt carry handle.
- Quiet-just 5db, perfect for RVs, campsites, cabins and more.
- Inverter Technology-Economy mode-Engine automatically idles when the electrical load is reduced, lowering engine wear and saving fuel.
- CARB Compliant.
Top 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator
The Yamaha EF2000iS is the best inverter generator for anyone who requires power during a trip or for anyone who needs to be ready in case of any disaster or emergency.
The Yamaha EF2000is can power your microwave oven power tools, a camping fridge or a TV. Whatever you require, wherever you are, this well-designed inverter generator will improve your life during camping.
It is one of the excellent portable inverter generators which you can purchase. It is not the cheapest generator you can afford, but it is simply one of the best. It is very portable while offering best features which protect your investment while delivering power when you require it.
Yamaha has designed the EF2000is to be super quiet below 58 decibels. For a reference point, an ordinary conversation is almost 60dBA.One of the highest complaints people have concerning their portable is their loudness. This is very understandable since the noise can easily drive you crazy.
Luckily, the Yamaha EF2000iS is so quiet due to its nose block body design that includes a molded casing having noise-absorbing glass wool. That is their secret sauce!
- 2000Watt maximum AC output, 1600Watt rated AC output, 13.3/16.7 Amps at 120V.
- Super-quiet muffler having USFS-approved spark arrestor-51.5 decibels at ¼ load.
- Inverter system with Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control.
- Smart Throttle changes engine speed depend on load-reduces noise and boosts fuel economy.
- CARB Compliant.
View more portable generators for camping on Amazon.com, click here