Generators provide portable electricity to mobile food vendors. However, choosing the right generator that will suit your kitchen appliances is can have lasting implications on a business. Generators are labeled as maximum power meaning the highest wattage it can produce or rated power meaning the power a generator can produce in extended periods of time.
View the best generators for powering food trucks here
A quality generator guarantees smoother energy output, fuel efficiency, quiet operation and portability. This brief overview looks into 5 Best Generators for Food Trucks, their features and usage.
Best Reliable Portable Inverter Generator
The Briggs & Stratton P3000 PowerSmart Series Portable Generator is a high performance generator specifically designed to power food trucks, tailgating or camping. It features a powerful motor that produces instant power ensuring all appliances are powered. It also has twin handles with a luggage style design that make it extremely easy to transport the generator.
- Computer-Controlled Engine – The engine is made using computer controlled technologies that automatically adjust the engine speed according to your preference. With about 3000 watts on start and 2,600 on running the engine ensures energy delivery is efficient, economical and consistent. It also features a 59-decibel noise level ensuring the generator is extremely quiet.
- Multiple outlets – The P3000 is fully equipped with (4) 120 volts for household outlets, an amp outlet, USB port and a DC battery charging outlet. Multiple outlets are essential for sensitive appliances ensuring a smooth power flow. It produces hardly any harmonic distortion.
- Never-go-flat wheels – The 6-inch wheels regarded as Never Go Flat ensures the generator can be transported in all surfaces.
- Large fuel tank – It comes with 1.5- gallon fuel tank that is enough to provide fuel for 10 hours.
This powerful generator is designed to create an entirely new standard in electricity portability for mobile food.
Best Lightweight Digital Inverter Generator
The 1000/2000 Watt Digital Inverter Generator is the improved generator that is designed overcome various challenges that other generators cannot. Its power is created in two steps by employing a microprocessor controlled inverter that first produces DC power then later converts it into AC power.
- Light weight and portable – It comes in a small compact design since its magnets are smaller compared to traditional generators. This ensures ultimate portability of the generator.
- Economical on fuel – The generator is designed to consume fuel that is proportionate to the weight carried. While carrying lighter loads one can save on fuel.
- Reduced Noise – It only 54 Decibels making the machine extremely quiet. Also, its automatic engine adjusts according to the load supplied ensuring the vibration and noise produced are minimum.
- Stable Power Generation – It produces clean power that can be used to power sensitive devices such as televisions and computers. It features two power variations1000 and 2000 Watts and you can choose according to your preference.
Best Portable Inverter Generator under $600
The DuroMax XP2000iS Digital Inverter Portable Generator is the superior performance generator that can generate up to 2,000 watts at peak output and 1600 watts rated. It is quiet, clean and consistent in performance. It has high maneuverability featuring an integrated handle for easy transport. It has a responsive pull starter that makes starting the generator extremely easy and quick. The engine features an elegant self contained design. The low-oil shutoff ensures the engine does not run dry.
- Built-in parallel ports – The built-in Parallel ports facilitate the daisy-chaining of other 2 Side Kick Generators that can be used to produce 4,000 watts in tandem.
- Powerful motor – The generator not only powers the food-truck but it can keep the lights on in additional to other household appliances. This power can also recharge 12 Volt batteries via the 8 Amp and 12 Volt DC. You can also access parallel cables that are sold separately.
- Smart throttle – It features Smart Throttle that regulates idle speed thereby minimizing fuel consumption.
Best Portable Inverter Generator under $500
The WEN 56200i Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator is the superior performance generator that provides quiet and clean power. It can generate up to 2,000 surge watt and about 1600 rated watt power. The clean power is free of drops and voltage spikes hence can be used on sensitive accessories such as computers. WEN 56200i 4-Stroke operates at 51 decibels for quarter load hence is extremely quiet.
- Low noise output – It limits harmonic distortion to low levels of about 0.3 percent with no load and below 1.2 percent with full load.
- Lightweight compact design – This design ensures ultimate portability. Its one-gallon tank is ultra-efficient and can be used for up to 6 hours under half-load run time.
- Eco-Mode throttle – The Generator’s Eco-Mode Throttle enables the motor to automatically adjust fuel consumption thereby maximizing fuel economy by preventing wastage of gasoline. You can also buy WEN 56421 Parallel Connection Kit that are sold separately to save energy and share wattage to several units.
- Overload protection – It also has an overload protection guard that protects from damage.
- Ultimate portability – The generator weights about 48 pounds and features a convenient handle for ultimate portability.
The design of WEN 56200i considered the needs of users every conceivable angle. No other generator offers this combination of versatility, safety and durability.
Best Small Generator for Food Trucks
The Porta Source IG800W Portable Invertor Generator is the new and improved that employs the 40cc 4-cycle Viper technology to produce high amounts of power in a quiet manner. It provides clean power that can be used on sensitive electronics.
- Circulating fuel pump – While other generators lose power at high operating temperatures, Porta Source IG800W has a circulating pump that moves fuel from the fuel system to the fuel tank without forming bubbles. This enables the generator to have rated power even in hot temperatures.
- Fuel efficient – This generator can operate for 14 hours using one gallon without refilling. It also features an economy mode feature that automatically manages fuel consumption and also noise in accordance with the electrical load.
- Lightweight and compact – Porta Source IG800W is 25 percent lighter compared to other generators of similar wattage. It has a small and compact design that is lightweight hence easily portable and occupy only little space.
- Quiet operation – The generator has 58 decibels hence very quiet during use. It also has an iron exhaust header, noise suppressing housing, multi-chambered muffler and noise-cancelling air intake all that effectively suppress noise.
See more of the best generators for food trucks on Amazon, click here
Make an informed decision to use these Best Generators for Food Trucks for safe and reliable power while traveling.